Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is area circulation? 

A: Coffee News® is strategically located wherever people are eating, grabbing a cup of coffee, or waiting for service. Look for us at over 95 locations.  70% of our locations are restaurants, delis, coffee houses, etc. The remaining 30% are distributed to places were people are known to wait such as hair salons, doctors offices, laundromats, rec centers, and public buildings.  Each copy is read 3-5 times which amounts to approximately 10,000 readers.

Q: Can I subscribe to Coffee News®? 

A: You cannot currently subscribe to Coffee News®. It is a free publication distributed primarily at restaurants or any other place where you might have some time to read while waiting.

Q: How often do you publish and where are you distributed? 

A: New issues are distributed weekly to restaurants, delis, coffeehouses, etc.  Its purpose is to provide POSITIVE, ENJOYABLE reading to those waiting for their meals (seen by a high number of readers 3 meals a day!) or relaxing over a cup of coffee. With Coffee News®, there is no BAD news - only trivia, fun facts, local events, and other fun things that draw attention.

Q: How long has Coffee News® been in existence? 

A: Coffee News® was originally researched and founded by Jean Daum in Winnipeg, Canada in 1988 and has published in Central Alberta since 1995. It has grown to over 1000 locations worldwide!

Q: How much is an ad? 

A: Ads in Coffee News® are less expensive than other print media so that the small business person can easily afford to advertise. You can advertise in Coffee News® for a fraction of the cost of other media!  Remember all ads in Coffee News® are “EXCLUSIVES”, meaning we only allow one type of business in each edition, allowing our advertisers to LOCK OUT their competition! 
Call (941) 266-4258 for rates.

Q: Why do you recommend that the ad run for at least 26 weeks? 

A: A good ad is like a seed for a fruit tree. Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is  its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. What size harvests do you want to see?

Q: How do I pay for the ad? 

A:  We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Amex and Visa.  Billing can be monthly or annually.

Q: Do I need to design the ad? 

A: No, all ads are designed by a professional graphic artist to insure the most effective impact on the readers.  You only provide your logo if desired, and the information that you would like included.  A one time ad production fee is charged.

Q: Can I change an ad now and then? 

A: Yes, there is never a charge for minor ad changes.  These can be done by email or in person.

Q: Can I use my business card as an ad?

A: Yes, but we recommend against it.  Business cards make good business cards not effective ads.  We will work with you to design an effective ad using your logo and applicable graphics.

Your are currently browsing this site with Internet Explorer 6 (IE6).

Your current web browser must be updated to version 7 of Internet Explorer (IE7) to take advantage of all of template's capabilities.

Why should I upgrade to Internet Explorer 7? Microsoft has redesigned Internet Explorer from the ground up, with better security, new capabilities, and a whole new interface. Many changes resulted from the feedback of millions of users who tested prerelease versions of the new browser. The most compelling reason to upgrade is the improved security. The Internet of today is not the Internet of five years ago. There are dangers that simply didn't exist back in 2001, when Internet Explorer 6 was released to the world. Internet Explorer 7 makes surfing the web fundamentally safer by offering greater protection against viruses, spyware, and other online risks.

Get free downloads for Internet Explorer 7, including recommended updates as they become available. To download Internet Explorer 7 in the language of your choice, please visit the Internet Explorer 7 worldwide page.